Useful programs for connecting to hayseed.net
Here's a list of links to progams you can use to connect to hayseed.net in various ways. If you find that any of these links are dead, or want to recommend a new program for this page, please mail us.
Shell access is only available via ssh. Here are our recommendations:
- Win32: Putty is the generally recommended SSH client for windows. Command-line junkies stuck on Windows should immediately install Cygwin. Be sure to install both ssh and mintty, the Putty-derived console window.
- Unix / Linux / BSD / OS X / BeOS : You guys already have ssh, just crack open a terminal.
File AccessFor security reasons, hayseed.net doesn't use standard FTP. We prefer using scp and/or sftp, which are subsets of the ssh protocols mentioned above. Try these:
- Win32: There's a great freeware scp client, WinSCP, that acts just like a GUI FTP client. Highly recommended. Also, again, Cygwin gets you command-line scp like the pros use.
- Unix / Linux / BSD / OS X / BeOS: You guys already have scp. Just crack open a terminal.
You can access our MOO in a variety of ways. The MOO server is reachable via moo.hayseed.net port 7777. Here's a list of ways to get to The Meadow:
- The WebSockets interface at http://hayseed.netmeadow.html.
- Using the excellent cross-platform client tk-MOO light -- works with Unix/Linux, Win32, and MacOS. This is the Official Hayseed Networks Recomended MOO Access Method™.
- Using any local client of your choice, including raw telnet, to connect to hayseed.net on port 7777. The masochist's approach... ;-)