- The First Rule of Hayseed Networks is...Do nothing to attract unwanted attention from cops, feds, terrorists, hackers, crackers, 31337 H4X0Rs, other sysadmins, etc to Hayseed Networks or its users.
- The Second Rule of Hayseed Networks is...Do nothing to attract unwanted attention from cops, feds, terrorists, hackers, crackers, 31337 H4X0Rs, other sysadmins, etc to Hayseed Networks or its users.
- The Third Rule of Hayseed Networks is...If this is your first time at Hayseed Networks you MUST fight.
Okay, seems simple. But we are not kidding. The world is a dangerous place in general, and the beast that is the worldwide internet is a exemplary macrocosm. Enough bad shit happens without sticking your fist into hornets' nests on purpose.
We are scanned, probed and prodded somewhere between 10 and 30 times a day. We have enough to contend with without people deliberately coming after us. So users may NOT participate in any act that would bring us to the unwanted attention of The Powers That Be. This includes all the groups listed above as well as any others that jump to mind.
What, exactly, are we on about? We'll we'd like to think you folks are capable of imagining most of the various scenarios yourself but here are some obvious examples of verboten activity:
- NO SPAM from our servers
- NO HACKING, CRACKING, SCANNING, of ANY kind from our servers
- NO IRC SHIT DISTURBING from our servers
- and obviously, NO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES involving Hayseed Networks assets in any way. If you wish to run the risk of incarceration, fine, just don't involve us.
Also Hayseed Networks' user accounts are for the person they were issued to ONLY. Please do not share an account, even with friends and family. We are happy to provide individual accounts for said folks. No one that is not YOU should ever know your password, even temporarily, or be logged into any Hayseed Networks resources using your account. Good password security is in your interest. When Hayseed Networks resources get compromised the compromised assets must be taken down and re-secured. They are Necessarily unavailable for during however long that process takes. There is also a serious threat to any of your userdata on the machines given a security breach.
So give a hoot, don't pollute.
Ok, well, this is one of those rules above that I had hoped was self evident. Hayseed Network's users are not allowed to touch/alter/edit/change/hack other Hayseed Network's users data without their consent, ever. This extends, oddly, to user data on other servers, in other contexts. Frankly it sorta falls under the general 'no hacking' statute above, but is being restated here exemplis gratia.Use of any Hayseed Networks resources constitutes implicit agreement to the above Acceptable Use Policy.